Pages

Oct 9, 2013

My First Author Interview!







I recently wanted to leave a review for someone on smashwords. In order to leave a review there, I had to have an account. 
Just what I need... another account! But I made the account because I really wanted to leave a review there. And I'm really glad I did, because I received my very first author interview! 

You might think this is weird and so did I, but honestly I had a lot of fun. Part of the profile set up- 'Author Interview'. I was interviewed by a platform application. Don't laugh it was fun, and I thought you might enjoy my answers. 



Do you remember the first story you ever wrote? 
Yes, it was a long, long time ago. I was still in grade school. An assignment for a creative writing class I took. A short story about numbers that I crafted into fictional characters and gave them a voice.
Casey woke up one morning to find that all the numbers on her alarm clock had gone missing. But where did they go? Under the bed? -no. Into the closet? -no. Maybe they were scared and had scurried under her pillow? ... Hm, still -no.
They went to a parallel universe where time did not exist. Without reason or rhyme they played without time getting into an array of mischief until seven ate nine.
Creative writing was always my favorite class.
Describe your desk
My desk is a platform of artistic design. Solid oak portals with many a mind. It has drawers and cabinets and handles of steel. A roll top cover with secrets concealed.
A lone piece of furniture in the corner of my room? Hardly my friend it's a writers loom.
What motivated you to become an indie author? 
I believe that imagination is our greatest gift. I wanted to develop, craft, and share my mind. I learned long ago that everything and everyone has a story to tell. There is never 'nothing' happening.
Something as simple as a leaf falling gently from tree has a story locked inside it. I've spent my life climbing trees, exploring the secrets held in their leaves.
My motivation to share? To become an author? Because imagination holds no bounds, it's a gift that deserves to be shared and preserved.
What do your fans mean to you?
Fans are the life and blood of an author. I see a fan/reader as a pair of eyes peering into my imaginative mind. My fans are like a cool and refreshing glass of water on a hot and steamy day. They give me encouragement in the most compelling of ways. I am grateful, humbled and overjoyed anytime anyone has something to say about one of my books.
It's the fans and readers who encourage me, keeping me motivated to keep sharing. Fans are friendships waiting to happen.
What inspires you to get out of bed each day?
Curiosity is what inspires me to embrace the day. There is always something new, something good, and something creative with each new day. Each day is a small little journey all in its own. It would drive me crazy to miss it.
What are your five favorite books, and why?
How can I limit my favorite books to 5? What a sneaky question this is.
1. Dr Suess. Green Eggs and Ham.
Why? Because this story touched my heart in so many different ways. I read it when I was little and fell in love with poetic prose. I read it to my children and watched there eyes rove the pictures while my voice carried them along. I value the moral it taught me as well as my children. 'You never know, until you try'
2. Miss Piggle Wiggle, because Betty McDonald found such creative ways to shape and mold the mind of a child.
3. The Harry Potter series. These books are filled with amazing fun and adventure that brought the world of reading to a new level between me and my children as we took turns reading aloud. Thus helping my children as well as myself to become better expressive readers. It also taught them that indulging in a book is far better than television or a movie. We watched every movie together and although the movies were indeed wonderful, we all agreed it was more fun to sit around the rocking chair and read to each other.
4. IT, by Stephen King, because it showed me the dark-side of my own imagination.
5. The Claiming of sleeping Beauty, by Anne Rice, because she encouraged and inspired me to share my own erotic fantasies.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. If you were hoping for a hot spanking snippet, -sorry!- Wait for this weeks #SatSpanks I've got an exciting conclusion about those granny panties.  
(if you enjoyed this post don't forget to pass it along... sharing is caring!) 
 
 

Share Button

No comments:

Post a Comment