Pages

Jul 18, 2013

I NEED TO RANT/VENT or BITCH ABOUT SHIT... wanna listen?

 Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one.

Opinions are those gray area's between the black and white of whatever topic one is passionately talking about. And NO two opinions are exactly alike.

This week I have been engaging in a lot of talk about BDSM and the genre thereof.

I keep reading comments like "This should not be counted as BDSM because...." OR "This should have gone into a more classified BDSM genre because...." And as I read all of the difference of opinions I started to symbolically pull my hair out.

So as has been the case since Adam and Eve.... the subject of SEX in any genre remains and will always remain controversial.
Speaking of Adam and Eve... What did God tell them to do... 'procreate'(Gen:1-28) thus 'have sex' ... God did not say 'do it this way and only this way'

The way I see it, (another opinion) is that if our creator meant for sex and sexuality to be so black and white he would NOT have given the female, (created after Adam) a clitoris. Sex would have been for procreation ONLY as is the case with 'animals' I have never once seen a clitoris on a female dog... Never once have I witnessed two dogs fucking just for the sake of fucking. But people do... and we do so because 'it feels good'

For me... that's the bottom line in any genre... it has to feel good. Period.

All the controversy about BDSM IS and BDSM is NOT...is in my (opinion) BULLSHIT... BDSM is what those involved in such acts make it whether it's portrayed in a book or in someones personal 'lifestyle'.

Now in a logic frame of mind, why is BDSM so damn popular?
My reason for liking it... Desire, plain and simple. I Desire dominance and submission as well as the precipice of pleasure and pain.
When someone starts telling me that what I like, enjoy and desire...does not fit into the BDSM category ...because of this or that... it makes me want to slap the living shit right out of them.... because they are...in effect... telling me that my desires are little more than someone elses misconception of what is and what is not. (It's like describing a spoonful of peanut butter shared between the same two people. I think it's sweet, and you think it's nutty. So which is it... sweet or nutty? Logic will tell us it's both.)

When that carries over into reading and writing it pisses me off even more. Fiction is just that...fiction... fantasy... parts of a persons imagination... NOT FACTUAL information.

So when I sit down to entertain myself with a book. Unless I have picked a Non-fiction title, I do not in anyway shape or form say at the end of the story... 'well, that just wasn't REAL... or that can NOT be called BDSM because...'
Instead I will say one of three things... 'Wow that was a hot read... That's not quite what I thought this book was going to be about.... or This book really sucked.'

The bottom line of all of this?

Well from a readers view... it's a form of censorship. It can't be BDSM unless...

From a writers view... if I put this scene in my book can I no longer call it a BDSM story? If not... then what genre DOES it fall into? (I'll let the publisher decide)

But the one thing I will not do.. not now and not ever, is cap, categorize,or censor my imagination while reading a book... or writing one.

Amazon as well as others are putting.. adult labels on peoples books...they are not contacting the authors of such books and telling them they have slyly slipped their new release into the symbolic dungeon where no one will ever find them. NOR are they telling readers they have such a dungeon or where to find it.

If these companies do not want to sell Adult material then ALL adult genre's should get labeled... right?
I can very much respect a company for not wanting to sell Adult material. But to start censoring that adult material based on a few 'Opinions' to me is Wrong and infringes upon our civil rights.

After all, simple Susy and slutty Sara both had sex. Susy was spotlighted because she refused anything but missionary... Sara was put in the dungeon because she was naughty and desired it from behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment