Pages

Jul 20, 2013

Introducing PAN

                                                              WHO IS PAN

This is PAN... PAN is what happens to me when my Positive And Negative side clash.

I assume that you are here because you found a link somewhere and are interested in my books. Or maybe you are here simply because of something I've said outside this blog.

Either way today I want to talk about PAN in association with my trials an errors as a new author.

At the moment I am slightly overwhelmed by ALL of it. I am the person who jumped in the pool headfirst without knowing how to swim. That is a true story in more ways than one, but today it's in association with being an author who wants to become a much better author. 

My Positive side wrote a book and I liked it. I shared it with some friends and they liked it too. Then those friends shared it and their friends liked it. I got comments and requests from friends and friends of friends and some I didn't even know that said. "Hey, this is good, you should publish this!"
So my Positive side got all excited and said "Yes, lets try and publish this."
My Negative side said "Do you know how to get published?"
But then Miss Positive slapped Mr Negative and said. "Shut the hell up and let her see what she can do." .... So I did. I was elated when my story was accepted.

Miss Pos, stuck her tongue out at Mr Neg and bragged like there was no tomorrow. But Mr Neg wagged his finger and boldly pronounced, "Instant gratification is not always as it seems."
He was right and this is why.

Your friends will always support and encourage you, but the general public will give you a real dose of reality and burst your bubble faster than you can blow it.
Posting some of my short stories on social sites for like minded individuals was inspiring, encouraging and has gotten me to where I am today.
And where am I today? Today I am a published author who in my own personal opinion leaves much to be desired. Are my published stories good? Hell yes they are good, I have a incorrigible imagination and a talent for sex scenes. BUT... BUT... BUT... The tools I have always used to write with are old, outdated and dull.
Mr G, for grammar took a nap when I told him to edit my work.
Miss S, for spelling did her best, but she was on Prozac at the time.
I won't even go into the other naughty little tools who danced and skirted around  in my manuscript muddling it up with errors and stealing little words.

I give Hugs, Thanks, and the Highest of praise to Blushingbooks for not only considering my work for publication, but for believing in me that my stories are good and deserve to be shared with anyone and everyone. They must have seen something they liked in me or they would not have taken a chance on me ....right? ...Right!

I do NOT wish to let them down for taking a chance on me. So what all of this comes down to is the fact I am a NEW author among a sea of many other NEW authors. When my first publication did not sell 1000 copies in it's first week Mr Neg smiled and said "I told you so." But thankfully Miss Pos slapped him upside the head and said "She'll get better... she's smart... she CAN do this, just you wait and see."

And I intend to do just that. I bought a new tool belt, and I've strapped it on. I want to make my publisher proud and my audience (You)  happy, and I will. I will become a strong erection in the field of erotic writing. Batteries not included.

I also want to thank Everyone, sincerely from the bottom of my heart for giving me an opportunity to learn and grow, something we all need, want and desire.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment